Incidence and Prognostic Significance of Right Bundle Branch Block ComplicatingAcute Myocardial Infarction

The incidence and hospital course of acute myocardial infarction were observed among randomly selected 560 patients. The mean age of the patients was 53:t6.67 years with male-female ratio 2.6:1. The incidence of right bundle. branch block (RBBB) was 15% (84 out of 560 patients). New RBBB, old RBBB and RBBB ofindeterminate age were observed in 33(39.25%),23 (27.40%) and 28(33.25 %) cases respectively. RBBB was isolated in 50 (60%) cases and bi fascicular in remaining 34(40%) cases. The rate of use of thrombolytic was greater in RBBB group than non-RBBB group (52% vs 30.67%, P<0.05).


Download PDF