Hospital Readmission and its Corelates in A Selected Armed Forces Hospital

This descriptive study used admission level data of 1040 patients to find out the readmission rate and its possible contributing factors within 30 days of discharge in a selected Armed Forces Hospital (Combined Military Hospital, Dhaka). The patients were grouped according to their admission status like group-I (readmission within 30 days of previous discharge), group-II (readmission after 30 days of previous discharge) and group-III (newly admitted patients). The readmission rate at the study period was 9.5% in group-I and 10.2% in group-II. The overall readmission rate was 19.7%.


Download PDF