A study of Lymph Node Imprints and its Correlation with Tissue Section

Imprint cytology of two hundred selected cases of lymphadenopathy were studied, diagnosed and correlated with histopathology. One hundred and two cases were categorised as malignant, 82 cases as non-qJalignant and in 16
cases no diagnosis could be made due to inadequate material. The experience gained reconfirmed the usefulness of imprint cytology as a reliable and dependable method for diagnosing and classifying cases of lymphadenopathy since a correct diagnosis can be made in 90.50% of the cases. Of the remaining 9.5% cases false negative cyto diagnosis were made in 1.5% cases and no diagnosis could be made in 8% cases due to scanty material.


Download PDF